Mead Medical raising awareness about breast cancer
Mead Medical is thrilled to be getting behind the Cancer Council’s Pink Ribbon Day in 2013.
Pink Ribbon days aims to raise awareness for breast cancer and the benefits of early detection.
The Cancer Council aims to minimise the threat of women’s cancers through successful prevention, best treatment, support and world-class cancer research.
While the actual Pink Ribbon Day is today, Monday 28th October, all our staff have been decked out in pink for the past week and will be until the 1st November.
We have a great display set up in the clinic where you can find out more about breast cancer along with information about where you can go for mammograms.
We are also selling Pink Ribbon merchandise in the clinic and taking donations. Here is an idea of the various ways to Cancer Council puts your Pink Ribbon day donations to good use:
- $5 can go towards producing a meditation DVD to help a woman deal with the side effects of chemotherapy.
- $10 helps pay for an Information Pack for women coping with the aftermath of surgery.
- $50 can help us answer a Cancer Council Helpline call, to inform and reassure a woman about her cancer diagnosis.
- $100 can go provide accommodation for women who need to stay away from home while accessing treatment.
- $250 can help pay an overdue electricity, phone, gas or rates bill for a mum who hasn’t been able to work for six months.
- $500 can go towards funding a grant for new research into ovarian cancer.
- $1,200 can help us fund three days of research into a rare type of breast cancer.
We are thrilled to be getting behind this wonderful initiative and look forward to supporting other great health initiatives over the coming year.
Farewell to 2023, Welcome 2024
As we near the end of another teaching year for our Registrar GPs, we would like to thank
Farewell to Dr Elizabeth Dernie
This Friday the 26th May will be Dr Elizabeth Dernie's last day as she commences her
Welcome back Dr Emma Vitale
Mead Medical are excited to announce that Dr Emma Vitale will be returning to our family