COVID-19 and Telehealth Consults
Mead Medical is pleased to advise you that Medicare now permits Telehealth consults for patients that have attended Mead Medical in the last 12 months and meet the following criteria:
- the person has been diagnosed with COVID-19 virus but who is not a patient of a hospital; or
- the person has been required to isolate themselves in quarantine in accordance with home isolation guidance issued by Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC); or
- the person is considered more susceptible to the COVID-19 virus being a person who is:
- at least 70 years old; or
- at least 50 years old and is of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; or
- is pregnant; or
- is a parent of a child under 12 months; or
- is already under treatment for chronic health conditions or is immune compromised; or
- the person meets the current national triage protocol criteria for suspected COVID-19 infection.
Our current protocol for conducting a Telehealth consultation is via phone commencing today.
Next week video conferencing will be available for selected GPs, which will require you to create a Skype account if you do not have one already.
Our protocol for making a Telehealth appointment is as follows:
- Call Mead Medical administration on 9293 4455 with your name, usual doctor, and Skype address or phone number.
- You are able to make Telehealth appointments online on HOTDOC.
- Please indicate at the time of booking if your consultation is urgent so that an earlier consultation can be arranged if possible.
FLU VACCINES FOR ALL AGES NOW AVAILABLE
Flu vaccines for all ages now available, please book online via HOTDOC to avoid long
IMPORTANT COVID VACCINATION UPDATE
As per the previous ATAGI statement on 2 April, please note that it has been recommended
COVID-19 VACCINATION SESSION BOOKINGS
COVID-19 VACCINATION SESSION BOOKINGS NOW OPEN AT BOTH CENTRES Please book online via
VACCINATION CLINIC – COVID-19
Mead Medical would like to advise that we have been nominated as a community vaccination