Mead Medical raising awareness about breast cancer
Mead Medical is thrilled to be getting behind the Cancer Council’s Pink Ribbon Day in 2013.
Pink Ribbon days aims to raise awareness for breast cancer and the benefits of early detection.
The Cancer Council aims to minimise the threat of women’s cancers through successful prevention, best treatment, support and world-class cancer research.
While the actual Pink Ribbon Day is today, Monday 28th October, all our staff have been decked out in pink for the past week and will be until the 1st November.
We have a great display set up in the clinic where you can find out more about breast cancer along with information about where you can go for mammograms.
We are also selling Pink Ribbon merchandise in the clinic and taking donations. Here is an idea of the various ways to Cancer Council puts your Pink Ribbon day donations to good use:
- $5 can go towards producing a meditation DVD to help a woman deal with the side effects of chemotherapy.
- $10 helps pay for an Information Pack for women coping with the aftermath of surgery.
- $50 can help us answer a Cancer Council Helpline call, to inform and reassure a woman about her cancer diagnosis.
- $100 can go provide accommodation for women who need to stay away from home while accessing treatment.
- $250 can help pay an overdue electricity, phone, gas or rates bill for a mum who hasn’t been able to work for six months.
- $500 can go towards funding a grant for new research into ovarian cancer.
- $1,200 can help us fund three days of research into a rare type of breast cancer.
We are thrilled to be getting behind this wonderful initiative and look forward to supporting other great health initiatives over the coming year.
Welcome Dr Robert Money
It is with great pleasure that we welcome Dr Robert Money to the Mead Medical team. Dr
The New National Cervical Cancer Screening Program – how does it affect you?
Written by Dr Chieh Cheng The new National cervical screening program commenced on 1st
Australia Day Weekend Opening Hours
Please be advised of our opening hours over the Australia Day long
Welcome Dr Taryn Oates
We are thrilled to announce that Dr Taryn Oates will be starting with us on Monday