Each year we review our fees on November 1st.
This coincides with the release of the new Medicare rebate by the Federal government. Unfortunately, the Medicare rebate for most services that we provide is below the rate of inflation and does not come close to matching the every increasing costs associated with running a practice.
We continue to strive towards limiting our fee increases, while continuing to provide the highest possible level of medical care. Please find attached a copy of her new fees:
Fees from 1st November 2012.
- Level B Private would increase by $2.00 to $70.00
With the new Medicare rebate of $36.30 this will increase the Gap by $1.30 to $33.70
- Pensioner and Health Care Card holders Gap will remain at $20.00 3. Level C, D and the After Hours rate – a $2.00 increase will also be added.
The actual gap will depend on the Medicare rebate which is still unavailable.
- Services such as ECG, Spirometer:
Which were usually charged at the rebate amount will now have a gap of $10.00 for all patients. For example a private fee of Level B (23) $70.00 plus an ECG will have a total gap of $43.70
- Procedural fees will remain the same:
Minor Procedures Major Procedures Facility Fee $50.00 Gap $95.00 Gap $35.00
- Scripts and Referrals will remain the same
Welcome Dr Sophie Norman
We are very pleased to announce that Dr Sophie Norman has joined the Mead Medical
Funeral Notice – Dr Bill Babe
Our beloved Dr Bill Babe will be laid to rest as per the following notice. We offer our